Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Couldn't Resist the Pink

So, when I started creating my original "It's True" art piece, I had a secret goal.  My goal was to see if I could actually create an art piece that didn't have any pink in it.  I was looking at my collection of creations one day, and I thought to myself, "man, that's a lot of pink!"  Pink is my favorite color (shocker), but the thing is that I don't really decorate with pink around my house.  I don't even know where I'd hang some of my pieces, because the colors don't exactly go with my decor.

Ok, so I set off to see if I could make some kind of art, minus the pink. 

Well - yay - there it is.  I did it.  I was very happy with the results......and then, I started thinking, "hmmm, I wonder what this would look like if I turned it pink?"  (One of the beautiful benefits of working with digital art - endless experimentation).  You know, Valentine's day is around the corner.  This is an illustration all about love.  I should totally turn it pink for Valentine's day!

Oh brother, I couldn't resist!  Here it is - all pinked out:


Ohhh, it's so cute, right?  I can't help myself.  I'm just drawn to the pink.  It's calling out to me.  Any, hey, now I can use it on my Valentine's for this year.  

I still love the yellow and green one, and am actually planning on displaying it in my bedroom, because - yay, it actually matches my decor.  And, don't worry, I do plan on adding some more non-pink art pieces to my portfolio in the near future.  Until then, enjoy the pink - find somewhere girly to display it!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment