Thursday, February 3, 2011

Find Me on Etsy!

So, I did it.  I finally opened my Etsy shop! 

http://www.etsy.com/shop/upenover

I've been in love with Etsy for a long time now, and always fantasized about how awesome it would be to have my very own Etsy shop, but to tell you the truth, I was scared.  There is so much amazing talent there.  I was a bit intimidated.  I also thought that I would try and get away with selling my art through a third-party source that would take care of all the shipping and processing orders.

Well, that wasn't working out so well.  To be honest, I only made one sale.  Pathetic, I know.  At this point, I really need all the exposure that I can get, and I think Etsy will be a great way to build up my customer base.  I also like the idea of having more control.  I can actually see the product before it ships out, and package it all cute and stuff.  I am a control freak, so it works out quite nicely.  Here's a couple of stickers I designed the other night to decorate my packaging with:








Cute, huh?

Plus, did you know that you can ship out packages through the US Postal Service without ever leaving your house?  That was another thing I was afraid of - endless trips to the post office (with my 5 year old and 2 year old in tow).  But, guess what?  You can print up labels through Paypal, set up a free pick up online from the post office, and - voila!  The mailman appears at your door step and takes your pre-paid package.  Awesome!  I haven't gotten to use the system first-hand yet (since I haven't sold anything), but hopefully it will go as smoothly as they say it will on their website.

So, wish me luck!  Here's to my many future Etsy sales to come!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog, website, shop and most of all lovely artwork! I predict you will be a great success! Best wishes! (love the song by Rob on your website)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - thank-you! What a great comment to wake up to today! I didn't know anyone actually read my blog. Thanks for being my first follower! :) I love your comments in your profile about being a digital artist - I feel the same way! Gorgeous work, by the way!

    ReplyDelete