Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Shine Your Light - New Illustration

You know what amazes me?  The limitless amount of potential that we all have inside of us (and don't you just love the word "limitless"?)

Honestly, I really don't think we understand the greatness that we're capable of.

And we all have it.

It's a gift.

I see glimpses of it shining though people all the time.

I saw it the other day as I was sitting in church listening to a talk from a sweet 12 year old girl.

She was talking about all the wonderful things that she would like to accomplish in her life, and also how she wanted to be a shining example of goodness to those around her.  She said that she wished she could shine brighter than the brightest city lights that shine so bright, they can be seen from space.

It made me smile.

It reminded me that there is so much greatness in this world, and so many good-hearted people.

I thought of the light that all of us have inside, and this is the phrase that popped into my head at that moment, "Shine your light.  It's brighter than you know."

I quickly jotted it down, and knew that a new illustration was soon to be born.


And the sweet girl who gave the talk - her favorite color is blue.  So, this one is for her.

Maybe it will help you, too, feel the greatness inside you.

I hope so.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment