Monday, November 15, 2010

This is how it all began...

Hello, Blog!  Where have you been my whole life? 

I can't believe that I am finally starting a blog!  Here it is – my very first blog entry ever.  I don't know why it's taken me so long to start.  I've always loved to write.  I've always kept a journal.  I should've picked up on this blogging thing years ago.  Well, finally, here I am!  I have a great feeling about this!

So, why am I starting a blog right now?  Well, I am officially declaring to the world that, “I am an artist!”  YAY!!!  I've been working very hard for the past several months to get my new business up and running, and I can't believe that this moment has FINALLY arrived.  Upenover: Land of Joyful Art is now open for business!!  And along with it, comes my fabulous “Artful-Journey” Blog!  This is going to be fun!  : ) 

I have to admit, however, that amongst all the excitement, I’m also completely freaked out.  This is scary.  I'm usually a very private person.  But, now, with this new project, I'm kindove putting it all out there – my art, my thoughts, my feelings (yikes, not my feelings!).  I have a bit of a hard time sharing my feelings, but here goes.  I wrote in-depth descriptions for each one of my art pieces and what inspired them.  I didn't hold anything back.  I wrote exactly what I was feeling, even though, on some occasions, it was very personal, and I'm not the type of person to usually share personal things.  For some reason, I just really feel inspired at the moment to share my art and the stories behind each of the pieces. 

It's intimidating, too, to offer my art to a world that is already so saturated with such amazing talent.  I've had moments, as I browsed around at other artist's websites where I've thought, “Hmmm, maybe this isn't such a good idea.  This person is WAY better than me.”  But, then, here I am.  I'm giving it my best shot.  I do have to say, that even though I have my moments of insecurity, I am quite proud of my art.  I've never done anything quite like this before, and I wasn't sure how it would come out, but, so far, my pieces have actually turned out way better than I thought they would!  So, I guess there will always be people that are better than me in whatever I try to do, but I can do the best for myself, right?  Yay, me!  : )

"Pink Bliss"  My very first art piece that I created for Upenover

I have to say, too, that this Grand Opening of mine would not be the same if it weren't for my wonderfully loving and talented husband, Rob.  He surprised me one day, and told me that he'd written me a song.  Well, he's written me several songs over the years, the first one being on our very first date (awwww, sweet!)  But, this is an extra special song to me.  The first time I heard it, it made me cry!  It’s called “Laurie’s Song” (very appropriate), and it’s all about me and my art.  He is the sweetest ever, and it just made me realize even more how much the two of us were meant to be together.  So, you can hear the song (if you haven’t already), on the opening page of my website.  So, so, amazing!  I LOVE it!!

Here's us - one of our early photos.  
Wouldn't you fall in love with him, too, 
if he wrote you a song on your first date?  : )

So, here I go – off on this new adventure of starting my artsy business.  It is with excitement, fear, and hopefulness that I officially announce the grand opening of Upenover: Land of Joyful Art!  Here it is, World!  This is me.  This is my art.  I hope you love it.  Please be nice to me!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment