Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Love Rainbow Cupcakes

I can't stop drawing cupcakes!

They just keep appearing in my mind.

I close my eyes to fall asleep at night, and there they are.

Here's the one that popped into my head the other night:


Aaaaa, can you even stand it?  The rainbow layers, the bold/bright colors, the cherry on top with a heart inside, the subtle swirly texture on the frosting, the decadent chocolate base?!?  Oh man, it's like all of my favorite things in one happy little space. 

Too bad I can't eat it, too.  : )

You know what?  I think I might be finding my creative voice, and really honing in on my style. 

But, I know (and hope), that it's still going to change and evolve over time and only get better and better.

For me now, though, I'm loving this!

Here's some repeating features that I'm noticing in my creations:

- cupcakes (like cupcakes galore - it's basically all I've been drawing lately)
- sketchy looking lines (in a good way)
- rainbow palette
- stripes
- neutral outline of my main motif
- swirly texture
- shading

It's fun to see how I'm drawn to certain things over and over.  I'm not exactly sure what this all means about me and my personality, but I do know that I'm having so much fun, and it makes me happy. 

And that is good enough for now.

In fact, it's awesome!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment